[mythtv] Commercial skip questions

Emlyn Bolton emlyn.bolton at nokia.com
Fri Sep 17 16:17:54 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 08:06, ext Lee Marlow wrote:
> --- David Shay <david at shay.net> wrote:
> >
> > On a related note, does anybody have commercial
> > detection working well for
> > CSI?  If so, what commercial detection method are
> > you using, and are you
> > using "strict commercial detection"?
> >

> I am pretty pleased with commercial detection for CSI
> using blank frame detection and strict commercial
> detection.
>
> -Lee
I just lost my /var partition and reinstalled 0.16 from scratch on
Gentoo and now the commercial skipping doesn't work for me.  My backend
log says it starts flagging them, then sits at 100% CPU usage forever.
The next log entry is 'strange error flushing buffer'.  I'll hopefully
look into it this weekend, but I guess nobody else has seen this / has a
quick fix? The iVTV is 0.1.9 - should this be upgraded?
I post it here, because it was CSI that was being flagged in this case.

Cheers,

Emlyn