[mythtv] MythChannels status

Marco Gigante m.gigante at cpr.it
Wed Sep 15 09:18:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 12:07:49PM +0200, Oscar Carlsson wrote:
> Marco Gigante wrote, On 2004-09-15 10:39:
>
> >Is there something I'm missing to edit and organize channels (DVB, analog,
> >etc.)? I'm going to compile and test MythWeb, but I'm looking for something
> >usable from withing mythfrontend (not via MythBrowser).
>
> Look at the setup app

Sure, already done.

But what I'm looking for is something more sofisticated for, e.g.:
- channels scanning (v4l, DVB-x, etc.)
- channels grouping (per provider, per type, custom categories, etc.)
- manual channel editing (like mythsetup does)
- automatic database filling

All these operations should be done via standard frontend interface.
I'm quite new to mythtv and I don't know it very well, but adding such a
features maybe needs a database structure change, frontend/backends
interaction (channel scannig must be done on backends right?), and I don't
know what else.

If all this can be already done by other way, can someone point me into
right direction? My idea is to get mythchannels updated to current cvs.

--
Marco Gigante