[mythtv] pcHDTV NTSC<->ATSC

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Sep 13 16:53:00 EDT 2004

I don't believe anyone is working on this. Doug, John Poet and me have
been doing work lately on HDTV. Just to warn you, you'll need to fiddle
a few things to get this working.

-- Daniel

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Todd Freeman wrote:

]Howdy all...
]
]I have been salivating over what my pcHDTV card can do in ATSC mode...
]and now have gotten it in my head to go ahead and see if I can get
]Mythtv to use it in both NTSC and ATSC mode...
]
]Before I go doing massive code writing I wanted to check and see who
]the programmers were that are working on the core pcHDTV stuff for
]Mythtv.
]
]Basically I don't want to step on anyones toes or to dupe effort that
]is already being worked on.
]
]So far I have noticed that with the card set as a pcHDTV card you are
]locked into ATSC no matter what the channel table says the channel
]really is. I have thought of a couple fairly easy ways out of this...
]
]Also perculating in my head is the idea to have mythtv change it's
]capture type and also switch the pchdtv over on channel change.
]
]Anyways... any info would be great
]
]Keep up the good work everyone!