[mythtv] dlopen of xvmc library (please read if you use Via XvMC)

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Sep 13 15:51:59 EDT 2004

I've made a patch that uses dlopen to find the vendor xvmc library at
runtime. But I need someone with Via Unichrome to adapt it to that
library. In this patch a Unichrome user would still need to recompile,
which isn't so nice. But I'm sure someone with that library could fix
xvmcvldvideo.c and xvmc_render.h so that recomplilation would not be
needed. I've already made most the changes needed in libmythtv for
dlopen to work with the Unichrome XvMC. Some functions may need to be
added to loadVendorXvMC (I've added XvMCPutSlice2 as an example.)

This is tested with the nVidia library. The code also loads the Intel
i810 library or the Via Unichrome library at startup if it finds them.

The order of loading is 'via' 'nvidia' 'i810' and it stops once it finds
one, so if you were using nvidia XvMC on a machine with the Unichrome
drivers this patch will break your setup.

-- Daniel