[mythtv] streaming live tv through mythweb

John Bush jbush at peridotventures.com
Fri Sep 10 19:26:05 EDT 2004

I'm want to build something to stream live tv, recordings, and video through
the mythtvweb interface.  Before I get started I wanted to make sure no one
else is working on this or has built it already.

I'm thinking of using the basic version of real server to stream the data.
Then simply integrating with the existing web interface to select shows.  So
instead of just options to record you get an option to watch.  Seems like it
should be pretty easy to just work off the capturing stream, encode so
bandwidth will be reasonable over web, etc.

Then when you are traveling you can be sure to get the games you can't
watch, or if you are in an airport with internet you can watch something.
Probably make life at work more interesting as well.

Please send suggestions, feedback

John