[mythtv] CVS UI Questions

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Thu Sep 9 18:40:39 EDT 2004

I have thought about this too; and my preference is to create a new theme
called "custom" which allows me to go through the default theme and choose
menu options that I use most so they appear on the front page.   Everyone's
use is different so this should satisfy everyone.

For me, since I never watch Live TV but do schedule and watch recordings &
listen to music, my top level menu structure could look like ...

* Watch Recordings
* TV Guide
* Play Music
* Phone
* Other --- Links to default or classic theme

I think this is reasonably easy to implement and may have a go if I find the
time over the next couple of months (unless anyone else wants to).  You
could just create a new XML "button" type called "Favourite" which dips into
the database to a new table to find the favourites.  To add a menu option
into the favourites could be just going to that menu item and hitting a key.

Paul