[mythtv] QTE DirectFB Xbox

Edward ed-mythdev at nibze.com
Thu Sep 9 11:39:54 EDT 2004

Hi,

I tried the latest directfb cvs and still got the same error.

So I looked into the directfb code and added a buffermode check in
TestConfiguration in nvidia_overlay.c, which fixed my error.  But now I
was getting another error from directfb about running out of video
memory.  So I tweaked the memory deallocation code in directfb and fixed
this error.

Now, when I switch to Live TV it works! Mostly. The video/audio comes
through ok, except that you can see the video twice.  The second video
is the same, but its a bit off center.  And it seems to follow a
pattern, where the video is fine, then the top of the screen starts
getting jittery and you start to see the top of the screen again, but
off center.  This continues downward until you can see the off center
picture on the whole screen.  And eventually it goes away, so that the
video is fine, and then repeats.

Any tips on where I should start looking to fix this?  Would it be a
mythtv issue or a directfb issue.  Would it have anything to do with the
video card timing settings?

- Ed