[mythtv] Re: Alternative to LVM/Raid for multiple disks?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Sep 8 13:01:14 EDT 2004

Would this be able to handle burning these files to DVD, but still
keeping them in the database? I've been thinking that it would be nice
to be able to copy some of my shows to DVD, but still be able to pick
out which to watch via the menus. You'd still need something to prompt
you to put in the correct DVD.

Your job queue could do the copying, but retrieval end would be
missing, since it can't prompt through the frintend. A properly
designed system to handle multiple (possibly removable) disks could do
both.