[mythtv] mythfrontend process being killed on exiting watching TV.

Shane Huntley huntsman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 08:01:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am running latest CVS version of mythtv and every time I exit
watching live tv or a recorded program mythfrontend is inexplicably
killed.

2.6 Kernel
Nova-T DVB card
Gentoo
Problem started after recent cvs update and recompile (first update in 2 months)

No backtrace available as program is killed.  Output from gdb follows.

Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb)

Nothing is /var/log/messages mythbackend.log or output from dmesg
indicating why process is being killed.

I note somebody posted a similar problem back in May with no
conclusion being worked out on list.  I realise there isn't much to
work with here but I would appreciate any ideas/ pointers of where to
start tracking this down. Happy to trace through functions with the
debugger if I get some ideas of things to check.

Has anyone else seen this or similar behaviour?

Shane