[mythtv] overscan w/ ivtvdev & preview window incorrectly displayed

David Hayr myth at hayr.net
Sun Sep 5 21:00:44 EDT 2004

I'm fairly new to myth. I did a quick search of the archive to see if I
could find anythong on-point for two issues that I'm experiencing and
came up blank.
I have an Athlon XP 2400 with a PVR-350. I'm using Fedora Core 2 (kernel
2.6.. I'm using the ivtvdev driver for tv-out on the pvr-350 card.
Using ATrpms rpm of ivtv - (v1.10-41-pre2-104f) & mythtv-suite 0.15.1-40.

I'm seeing two problems:
1. The PVR-350 has overscan which means that the outer edges of the
display are cut off in myth. I went into the appearance settings and
attempted to modify the GUI width, height & x/y offsets. The width &
height settings worked fine and I can now correctly see the right and
bottom edges of the myth gui. However, the X & Y offset settings seem to
do nothing (from what I can tell, it should set the offset of the upper
left-hand corner of the GUI).
2. In live tv watching when I open the program guide the preview window
display is corrupted. It is displayed on the upper-left corner rather
than the upper-right corner and the frame seems to be frozen. On a side
note - when I change the GUI width & height settings in the appearance
settings (see problem 1) to 0 (which should mean full-screen), opening
the program guide while watching live tv caused the mythfrontend process
to segfault.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Worst case - any suggestions on
how to disable the preview window in the program guide (while in live tv
mode)?

-David