[mythtv] problem with CVS mythfrontend 0.16.20041014-1

Asher Schaffer freedenizen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 20:10:15 UTC 2004

When first starting up mythfrontend, I can go into Watch TV just fine.
 If I exit Watch TV and reenter it _without_ arrowing up and down (not
even entering another option, just arrow down and arrow up again) I
can watch tv again.  However, as soon as I move the cursor at all in
the main menu (using IR remote or keyboard), and reenter Watch TV,
mythfrontend crashes.  It isn't segfaulting, as X server just reports
it as killed.  mythbackend just reports "Unable to write to client
socket, as it's no longer there"

On the output from mythfrontend, the last thing I see is "Initializing
audio parms from stream #0"
I'm using a PVR-250 on an EPIA M-10000 running gentoo.

I don't know where to start to look for the problem, any help would be
great, thanks.