[mythtv] Opinions: TagLib as a dependency for MythMusic

myth at fsck.ch myth at fsck.ch
Sun Oct 31 13:03:05 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 12:39:26PM +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> Some of you may be aware, I'm recoding the way MythMusic reads/write
> it's metadata to audio file.

sounds great! thanks for your work.

> Currently, MythMusic does not write any tags to file, except when it
> encodes them. Ultimatly, I hope that it evolves to be able to manage
> your collection more completely, whilst not sacrafising it's main goal
> as a player.

just make sure you put a 'never touch id3 tags' option somewhere in the
configuration menu, so people who like their tags as they are have an
easy way to turn this off.

[snip interesting description of workplan]

> Please let me know and I'll crack on with the coding (either to use
> TagLib or to plod on with libid3tag).

not my thing to decide, sorry :-)
personally, i am not against aditional dependencies if they help avoid
a reasonable amount of work for the developers, and the dep is well
maintained and virtually bugfree.

cheers, t.