[mythtv] Patch to scan for DVB channels within setup

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 29 23:09:52 UTC 2004

> On Saturday 30 October 2004 00:17, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> > I am assuming you already looked at Johns reply about our mega scanning /
> > db change / threading fix patch..
> Would it be possible to have a release of this patch soon, like Daniel is
> doing with the HDTV patches? So there could be an easy transition, or are you
> deadset that you'll be able to discover all bugs without others looking at
> it?

I am actually going to put together the first patch tonight.. I ran into a huge
issue with it.. If I changed the DB (first step IMO) then you needed to be able
to add channels with a scanner or nothing would work.. So I had to add a
scanner.. I couldn't add a scanner baed on the old structure casue it was too
broken to do a scanner that would support both ways..

Once this patch is out I should start releasing patched much more often like
Daniel is, but it needed to get to a point where it was usable before it was
much good to send out the door.

Look for a post sometime tomorrow midday EDT..

Taylor