[mythtv] Patch to dvbrecorder.cpp

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Oct 28 01:39:04 UTC 2004

    >> * When recording the channel 2 program, the channel changing
    >> code reports an error, but the program records OK anyway, on
    >> the correct channel.

    Nigel> 	What error?

See the attached email, I previously sent it to myth-users. Perhaps
the wrong mailing list (I got no responses), so I have attached it
here.

In the past I have been told that I have encountered problems because
I have a weak signal, I find this unlikely due to my relatively close
in proximity to the transmitting towers and the fact I get very good
analog signals (even channel 31 is good quality). I also have a
dedicated antenna for each input card too.

    >> Also, another DVB related bug in the scheduler, is for analog
    >> channels that have no DVB equivalent. In Australia, this is
    >> channel 31. Mythtv tries to use the DVB card by default for
    >> recording channel 31, even though there is no DVB data supplied
    >> in the database for this channel.

    Nigel> 	Brian, is CTV31 transmitting in your area?  I thought
    Nigel> it was dead.

Yes it is. Melbourne. Normally there is nothing of interest, but on
Friday 1pm to 2pm there is Agatha Christie's Poirot (found from TV
guide at yahoo). At one stage, I use to get a soap opera on another
channel instead, but now I record Inspector Morse at the same time (on
DVB) and it works (on analog).

    Nigel> 	I disabled it in MythTV's channel lists.  (Run
    Nigel> mythtv-setup, go into the channel editor, disable "Visible"
    Nigel> or delete the channel number)

    Nigel> 	You could also remove it from your grabber's config,
    Nigel> so that it doesn't try to download it.  (vi
    Nigel> ~/.mythtv/*.xmltv and put a - in front of the line for that
    Nigel> channel)

I think both these options would prevent me using it.