[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits libsamplerate and libsoundtouch integration

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Oct 26 12:27:28 UTC 2004

Mark Spieth wrote:

>I would like to integrate libsoundtouch into myth.
>what is the preferred way/location? looks like it may fit in with
>libsamplerate in concept.
>what libsoundtouch can do is to time stretch audio whilst keeping the sample
>rate constant.
>i.e. a 1.05 factor faster will reduce the number of samples by 5% keep the
>quality audio the same.
>I will hold off until this is stabilized. oss and alsa audio modules is
>where I was going to put the processing.
>it introduces about 100ms latency which is not too bad.

You can do all of this and more using libsamplerate.  It takes arbitrary
resampling ratios.  It will do it with zero latency as well...

Look to add such code into the AudioOutputBase class and then all the
subclasses will inherit from it.

There is still a little bit of refactoring to come to the audio classes,
but that main checkin will probably have all the main stuff.  It should
make this kind of thing a heap load easier to integrate.

Let me know if you have some problems using it

Ed W