[mythtv] Patch to dvbrecorder.cpp

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 25 14:58:22 UTC 2004

> I'll keep an eye out for the new dvb function, and won't start hacking
> the code just yet!

If you want to help me with all the recorder related code please feel free..  I
have a list that is so long of changes to make more help is always welcome..

The only changes that I have made to recorder is the handling of the filters so
that it can accept my PMTObject and tune to the first Video and Audio stream
present for that ServiceID.. The rest of recorder I have left intact.. So if
you want to start to play feel free..

I wanted to try to take the code from transform.c, and put it into a re-usable
class and avoid the function pointers, and properly handle more than 1 Audio
and 1 Video stream with transform.c now.. Basicly write our own TS -> PES..
Daniel seems interested in leaving the TS recording the method for the HDTV
recorder.. All this means is if put our focus on making a good TS -> PES
transform they can use, and we can use the HDTV guys stripped TS..

> FYI the stream errors I was getting were nothing to do with DVB
> reception, but seemed to be a bad setting in the BIOS. I've got a VIA
> chipset, and setting 'PCI Delay Transaction' to 'enabled' (which is
> not the default, but seems to be needed for PCI 2.1 compliance) sorted
> it.

I will have to take a look and see if that is my problem as well.. I tend to get
a glitch every 2-3 minutes in my dvb recordings, but have never researched it,
but it is on a lovely VIA motheboard.. Go figure..