[mythtv] Running frontend on PPC (yet again.. sorry)

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Fri Oct 22 14:55:14 UTC 2004

Hi Kevin - welcome to the list.

On 22 Oct 2004, at 6:49 AM, kevin.katkins at tiscali.co.uk wrote:

> I've been trying to get mythtv running on an old imac.

Can you tell us what operating system you're running?

>  I've searched the
> lists and came across a patch by Gregorio Gervasio for an early CVS
> version
> which allowed running a front end on ppc, for connection to a backend
> running
> x86.

Nigel Pearson has submitted about three dozen patches for getting the
frontend to compile and run on an OS X box, so most of what was in that
patch is probably in the current CVS release.  There's one outstanding
big-endian patch, which is expected to go into CVS in the next few
days.

http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/83140#83937

You'll also have to edit your settings.pro file to turn on the
TARGET_ARCH_POWERPC flag.  After seeing the patched settings.pro, it
should be pretty straightforward.

Aside from that, if you have problems with the latest CVS, please post
specifics to the list.  I don't think there are many PPC folks here
right now, so any help and bug reports are appreciated.

- Jeremiah