[mythtv] Running frontend on PPC (yet again.. sorry)

kevin.katkins at tiscali.co.uk kevin.katkins at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 10:49:24 UTC 2004

Hi,

This is my first post, so please be gentle!

Very impressed with the software - have it running across a small x86-based
network at home, and it's terrific. but....

I've been trying to get mythtv running on an old imac. I've searched the
lists and came across a patch by Gregorio Gervasio for an early CVS version
which allowed running a front end on ppc, for connection to a backend running
x86.

Unfortunately, the CVS archives from around that time appear to have changed
- I can't seem to download a complete working version, so I can't apply
the patch. Other posts on the lists suggest other work-arounds, but I'm
afraid I don't fully understand them...

Does anybody have a patch for a release version, or a later CVS release,
perhaps?

Any help much appreciated - and sorry to raise this subject again...

Thanks in anticipation...

Win 12 amazing weekend breaks, one every month for a year to Dublin, Milan,
the Alps, Paris and beyond

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/competitions/brilliant_weekends.html