[mythtv] Files still taking up disk space after unlink

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Sat Oct 16 23:19:05 UTC 2004

Hi. I am running 0.16. The problem I am seeing in the backend
(Slackwaver current) is this:

a) run df to get an estimate of disk space
b) delete some shows (tried from two different remote frontends, should
not make a difference anyway.)
c) show is removed from db. .nuv file is removed from disk.
d) run df again: disk usage is reported as the same.

The free disk space in the delete window also remains constant.

e) Kill the backend.

Now df reports the correct free disk space for the device.

What this suggests is that the file is still open in the backend process
when unlink() takes place, and it was opened by the mythbackend process,
obviously. A quick fix that might work is to close() the file in
SpawnDelete() right before (or after) the unlink() call, but I believe
the best thing to do is probably to find out why these files are being
left opened in the first place.

Any clues about what to look for, or where to start looking? Any tips
about how to determine if the files are really opened?

Regards,
Mauricio