[mythtv] Big audio update - suggestions and Core Audio patch

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Oct 14 08:12:57 UTC 2004

> What I propose is to separate the ring buffer logic from the feeder
> logic, and make the feeder thread an optional part of the base class.
> I put together an implementation that adds the following:

I haven't got a myth pc running at the moment, so I am only looking at
the diff, but this looks great.

I wasn't totally ignoring callback code, and I do totally buy your
reasoning.  It was just easier to get the main refactoring done first
and my head was hurting at the thought of coming up with a good callback
implementation as well.  I was kind of thinking it was easier to come up
with two base classes, but I think your method is even neater!

I will test the patch to the base code here, and repost as a patch in a
few days.

There is also a proposal to abstract volume control code and make it
device independent.  I think we need routines to:

- SetVolumeChannel()
- SetVolumeAll()
- GetVolumeChannel()

Although the last could be implemented by the base class perhaps.

Would you care to come up with an implementation for each of these perhaps?

Thanks very much!

Ed W