[mythtv] [patch]prolong active time of LCD menu

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Oct 13 17:38:34 UTC 2004

Rob Walker wrote:

>On Wednesday 13 October 2004 01:51 am, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
>

>>>If you really want to have the display time extended can I suggest that
>>>you add something to the setup to make it configurable instead.
>>>

>>Oh god no... Not more configuration items.... Can't we find some happy
>>medium which works for everyone (like 10s?) and just stick with that?
>>

>I agree that there are way too many config options available via the UI.
>That's the main reason that my wife made me get rid of myth and fix our tivo.
>I sure hated to give up the auto-commercial skip, through.
>
>I would like to see a much cleaner interface, with probably 90% of the config
>items hidden behind an "advanced" tag, or something like that.

How often would your wife need to go into the config options?  I can
understand for setting up recordings but I don't think my wife even
knows about the Setup screens for configuring other options.  I think
the setup needs to be properly organized, but I also don't see any
problem with additional configuration options.  One thing that was
mentioned earlier was to have the setup be more in tune with the options
compiled or installed so that, for example, if you don't use LCD, DVB,
PVR-x50s or whatever those screens simply aren't available.  I could
very much see a "Features" configuration screen to turn on and off
various system options and thereby eliminate those screens from setup.
Just a thought...

Kevin