[mythtv] ivtv 0.3.0

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 14:22:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 05:19:49PM +0100, John Harvey wrote:
> assume that at some point in the future we should stop
> shipping the ivtv header file within myth and this
> seems a reasonable transition but if people would
> prefer to make the user select which one then that is
> possible as well.

Until ivtv is included with the kernel, I look at it this way:

If the header file and ABI aren't changing, then there's no problem
with Myth using it's own copy of the same header.

If the header file and ABI are changing, Myth shouldn't be going after
a moving target by default, so Myth should have it's own copy of the
header for the supported version.

David
--
David Engel