[mythtv] ivtv 0.3.0

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Oct 12 21:56:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:14:44PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 10:16:08PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Monday 11 October 2004 09:41 pm, David Engel wrote:
> > > FYI, Isaac will have the final word, but my intention is that any
> > > near-term enhancements in Myth will be for the 0.2.0 driver.
> >
> > Sure, that's ok.  I would like to keep backwards compatability with 0.1.9,
> > though.
>
> That should be OK for the improved ff/rew support I'd like to do.  Time
> will tell.
>
> More importantly for 0.2.0, I'm hoping someone else will get the VBI
> support working in Myth.  One thing I really miss from my TiVo is the
> ability to bring up the closed captioning when I can't understand the
> audio.

On behalf of my sister, hear, hear!

That is *possible*, right?  I mean, does myth have machinery for
dealing with CC data in the VBI?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi