[mythtv] Re: compiling mythtv frontend for cygwin

Mario L superm1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:47:43 UTC 2004

Okay - So as for my patch, I just did a build with just mingw and msys
and ran into link errors with QT.  I redid QT from CVS, and redid
myth, and did a successful build.  I realized that there is one more
dependency missing, zlib, and added that to my site.

First of all launching is obviously quicker under mingw for what works
about it.   It doesn't seem to launch at all from a command line,
unless launching from msys, and even then it doesn't seem to like
windows filenames.  This is finally at the point where it will compile
all the way with that patch I posted, and it is just working out
symantecs of a non posix file structure where it is hard coded in
myth's code.  If that patch could get applied to CVS by someone, then
some other people can finally join in on this since it is basically
down to a science.

For those who don't want to follow the whole thread:

My site: http://clue.eng.iastate.edu/~superm1

Dep's Needed to build Myth under MinGW
1) MinGW
2) mSYS
3) Freetype2
4) Zlib
5) QT 3.3 w/ mysql support
6) P-Threads Win32
7) LameMp3 built w/ mingw
8) DirectX includes

All dep's needed to build are at my site.

SideNotes:
1) The directX headers have to be mounted under msys under
/mingw/includes/directx
2) When launching one of the executables, you will need dll's from
freetype,zlib,qt-mt333, mysql, pthreadsGCE, and myth all in the same
directory.  The mysql dll is in the QT binary I provided.  (If you
want to be crazy, build QT yourself, everything i changed and needed
is there)