[mythtv] Interesting hard drive usage with CVS from Friday....

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Oct 11 00:28:49 UTC 2004

I am seeing an interesting problem with the cvs version of mythtv. After
watching live tv for a while the hard drive usage goes way up. At the start
of a tv session the drive flashes about 1 time per second for a short flash.
After watching tv for a while (30 minutes or so) the hard drive light starts
flashing almost solidly on. I am still able to watch the show, no problem
but the drive usage goes way up.  Exiting live tv mode instantly stops the
activity.

According to the status monitor, no other activity is going on at the same
time.

System is a pvr-250, nivida 5200, dual drives with LVM to combine the drives
and xfs formatting on the combined drive.

Any thoughts?

Bill