[mythtv] 0.16 compile problem - SOLVED

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Oct 9 14:37:49 EDT 2004

> It appears that Myth is only compatible with QT 3.1 (I think the HOWTO says
> that), but upon recompiling QT 3.1 for Myth, it bombs out while trying to link
> -lqt-mt. Has anyone tried QT 3.3 and gotten it to work somehow?
>
> So, For those who are interested and those who need the info (hopefully
> mailing list searching will bring you here):
>
> Compile QT 3.1 with the following flags:
> -threads -plugin-sql-mysql
>
> Perhaps this should be thrown into the FAQ?

[root at panther root]# rpm -qa | grep -- qt-
qt-3.3.3-3.0.rh90.kde
qt-designer-3.3.3-3.0.rh90.kde
qt-devel-3.3.3-3.0.rh90.kde
qt-MySQL-3.3.3-3.0.rh90.kde
[root at panther root]#

Been working fine here with 3.3.3 for a while. :)  We'be been trying
to keep it compatible with 3.1.x I believe, but Myth still works with
newer versions.

--

Chris