[mythtv] Re: no CLE266 options in cvs settings.pro ?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Oct 7 15:27:04 UTC 2004

Curtis Stanford wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2004, at 6:16 AM, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>> Ivor Hewitt wrote:

>>> Munch. Guess what you're doing this weekend?
>>>

>> I'm glad that just about the time that I thought I could not longer
>> postpone going through all this XvMC/unichrome.drm/compile X/compile
>> kernel mess I also decided to split my system into a separate
>> frontend and backend. And lo and behold, my M10000 is _just_ about
>> able to do stutterfree playback of recordings without any hardware
>> accelleration at all (previously it would stutter quite often).
>>
>> So guess what I will _not_ be doing this weekend? Not wasting my time
>> that's for sure =D
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Tako
>

> Dude, it's worth it. The XvMC stuff is SO much better than the
> libddmpeg (for me). I'm only using 25% CPU (720x480 8M/16M bitrate)
> and, with Ivor's patches, the OSD is color and stutter free.

No doubt but I'm trying to get to a situation where I don't have to run
CVS anymore. For a long time I used CVS because I was still missing some
things in Myth so I decided to fix/make them myself. But since a couple
of weeks I reinstalled my central server and made it run mythbackend. It
now runs 100% using atrpms packages.

So now I'm waiting to be able to do the same for my frontend. No CVS and
especially no custom kernels and such. Everything works just fine right
now, high CPU is okay as long as it doesn't stutter. Color OSD is nice
but not a must have.

Although in the end I might still try it because I'm still working on
trying to make the frontend machine diskless (using pxe boot and such)
and it seems I need a custom kernel for that as well. If so I might just
as well include the latest drm support as well ;-)

Cheers,
 -Tako