[mythtv] random backend crashes

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Oct 6 03:53:44 UTC 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:

> I've been experiencing random backend crashes (happens while
> recording, but not always, and never at the same point during a
> recording).  Hoping someone can give me some help in figuring out how
> to track this down. Using mpeg4 encoding.

I don't know if this is related but I posted last week about a similar
problem, nothing in the logs when it happens.  I thought a fresh CVS
copy fixed it but it happened to me again during a recording today.  I'm
hoping to build tonight with debug and a new copy of GCC to try to grab
a backtrace.

Kevin