[mythtv] FIX "do not autoexpire" Flag made persistent

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 00:34:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 02:19:22PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Chris Pinkham wrote:
> To me, there are really only two states: the system is allowed to
> delete this recording for whatever reason deemed necessary by the
> options I specified, or do not allow the system, under any
> circumstances, to remove a recording that I've decided to keep.
>
> Because of this, I believe there should only be one flag. It doesn't

This pretty much captures my sentiments exactly, too.

> >This also gives people protection from things like kids accidentally
> >deleting
> >that movie you've been waiting 2 months to see that just recorded last week
> >but you haven't had a chance to watch yet. :)
> >

> >>here the Diff for the "don't record if this would exceed the max episode"
> >>part :
> >

> >Actually, I think that was the diff for the "don't delete recordings that
> >aren't set to auto-expire when you're looking to delete recordings over the
> >max episodes limit" part.  :)
>
> Of course it's fun to say this and it is a perfectly defensible
> argument. However, what I want is the best DVR system possible
> and while I can agree with your logic, Marcel's approach is really
> more like what I'd intuitively expect.
>
> they show "Krusty Gets Busted", perhaps the finest half-hour of
> television of the 1990's. I decided to keep it because I will want
> to watch it again. In doing so, I did not change my mind and now
> believe that I only want to keep 2 other recently recorded episodes.
> If I saved another Simpsons, then I'm down to only one other showing.

My very real example involves "Modern Marvels".  I have a
kChannelRecord set for it with no MaxEpisodes.  My disk keeps filling
up with them so I periodically have to go in and delete the ones I
know I won't watch anytime soon.  I'd much rather be able to set
MaxEpisodes to something like 5 and flag the ones I'm sure I will
eventually want to watch so they won't be deleted.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net