[mythtv] FIX "do not autoexpire" Flag made persistent

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Oct 5 19:03:10 UTC 2004

> > Actually, I just committed a fix for the above bug.  Now the code should
> > correctly always use the lowest 'maxepisodes' for a given title no matter
> > how many 'record' table scheduled recordings are scheduled for that title.
>
> why is this correct and not the other way around? the
> argument could be made that it should keep the highest
> 'maxepisodes' instead of the lowest.

It's 2 different ways to view the same thing.  Going one way is still better
than going a different way each time potentially and it has been explained
this way in the past so for now it does the lower/lowest of the scheduled
recordings' maxepisodes settings.

I replied to another post and said I was OK with changing Max Episodes
to work by recordid instead of title as well as changing "Max Episodes" to mean
"Max Deletable Episodes", so it's a moot point anyway.  Patches welcome for
the conversion.

--

Chris