[mythtv] Re: MYthTV recording deleted automaticly - even when set not to

Marcel Meier linux at meiersos.ch
Tue Oct 5 16:31:34 UTC 2004

> >I'm at the moment trying to make a patch for Plan b), and I'm looking for the
> >code where a recording not will be made because of the "maxepisode" limit.
> >Now I want to do this also for the "don't recorde if this would exceed the max
> >episodes" but I can't find the function which checks for it. If someone could
> >get me a hint it would be appreciated.
> >

> Max episodes doesn't actually prevent a recording, it deletes the oldest
> episode so that it can record a new episode without going over the max
> episodes limit.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

thanks for your replay, after finding the Discussion from last august I knew that
the counter for this feature is the "maxnewest" field - found in programinfo.cpp - with a
little help from -- bjm  I managed to add this also to the "don't recorded if this would
exceed the max episodes"  so I'm testing this right now.

As I understand Chris, the author of this part of Myth mentioned in his posting, he'll add
something like a "undeletable" flag to this to cope with this problems. How and when
it will be included in CVS I don't know but in the meantime I have something to ship around
this cliff.
But in the end the best thing is, I learned a littel bit more about  SQL, the Mythdatabase, and so forth.

Until next time

Marcel