[mythtv] Possible timing issue between dvbchannel and dvbcam

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Fri Oct 1 08:49:45 EDT 2004

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 September 2004 22:53, Anders Hanson wrote:
>> I have a big problem with my Viaccess Cam with MythtTV (latest cvs).
>>
>> The problem is that when changing between channels the cam is
>> reporting that I have no access to the channel and I can't get the
>> cam to recover. It is stuck in the 'No right' menu. I have looked in
>> the code and it seems that sometimes the cam is loaded with the new
>> channel info to late or to early so that the cam tries to use the
>> wrong pmt for the wrong channel, but I'm not sure.
>>
>> The cam is working flawlessly with both vdr and the digital box that
>> is provided by my cable provider (ComHem in Sweden).
>>
>> Has anyone had this problem or can help me figure out what the actual
>> problem is?
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/21307?search_
string=viaaccess%20comhem;#21307

> The last time you said that your comhem set-top-box also showed this
> message, it will still be treated as a broken CAM by me, anyone else?
>
> Kenneth

I've got loads of those messages too in the logfile.
It usualy happends after channel changes.
I haven't examined it closely.

Is this problem related to the inability to change channels from livetv when
watching from a dvb card?
Usualy just pressing Y to switch card is enough to lockup the frontend.