[mythtv] Mythmusic question (to Thor)

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Sun Nov 28 17:27:33 UTC 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 11:59 am, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
> Hi, I have been off coding for a little while, but now back and
> investigating converting MythMusic to use the main myth audio output
> layer.  However, I need a few pointers in understanding the global myth
> music architecture please...

 Heh. Superb that it will be getting a rewrite to use the myth audio output
layer.

> but if you have a few mins to write an "executive summary",
> then I think it would also be useful for others anyway in understanding
> this?

 Such a summary would be great, but, unfortunately, I'm not the person to
write it (at least not in a few minute). Isaac did all the real work at the
beginning of mythmusic, and I think even his code was largely based on
another project (http://www.mq3.org/).

 The core decoder/outputEvents/viz logic has not really changed very much from
the early versions. I have occasionaly understood it long enough to write
against it (visualizations, GUI, etc), but it's not really my code.

 If you're really bogged down, I'd be happy to try wade through it and it
explain it as best I can, but it would be a fairly significant undertaking on
my part.

- thor