[mythtv] LiveTV playback timing problems

Paul Sykes pdsykes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 22:18:45 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:21:57 +0000, Ed Wildgoose <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:

> >it has been suggested to me that it might be the result of a problem
> >with my soundcard being locked to 44.1khz when dvb signals are usually
> >at 48khz.
> >

> And was that the problem?  Just find out for goodness sake?!

I am entirely new to linux and I do not know how to change the sample
rate of my sound card.  I was hoping that somebody would tell me
through this list

> Another question is what is your refresh rate on your screen?  Is it
> exactly 50Hz?  If not, then this could be the issue when using certain
> sync types (I think?)

I am using an LCD monitor and the refresh rate is set to 75hz, it is
also connect via DVI rather than a standard VGA connector.  Could this
be a problem.