[mythtv] DVB subtitles and TS->PES decoder

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Thu Nov 25 19:17:10 UTC 2004

> AFAIKT the TS to PES conversion uses my routines from the
> dvb-mpegtools package. This is good enough for a quick and dirty
> transformation, but can not be used for e.g. authoring DVDs where you
> have to get the muxing correct and add some more time stamps. That's
> why I started dvb-replex (see
> http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html)

A little comment about replex, i have a tt dvb-c card that have some
reception problems on certain channels.
Sometimes when i record with the dvb card the resulting file somehow gets
written corrupted, which casue problems for mythtv.
I have tried to fix the files with replex but it always quits at about the
same place as mythtv have problems, replex says something about video
ringbuffer overflow and some numbers.
I don't remeber the exact error message.

Any chance replex coud be made to handle those errors or even better fix
mythtv so it can handle those problematic files?

When this happeds i can play the file with video lan client on my windows
computer and it will usualy work prety well, the picture may freeze at the
problematic position but i can always fix that by jumping forward a bit in
the file.