[mythtv] Unichrome/XvMC VLD output segfault

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Sun Nov 21 20:09:40 UTC 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> Don't deviate, dumb-ass. :-) Flipped back to 2.6.8-1.521 and the
>>> module provided. Everything works fine now. Playing back 720x480,
>>> 8000kbps video with the processor about 20% user, 35% system, 45% idle.

>>> Looks like the Unichrome DRM module doesn't work with 2.6.9, or at
>>> least Red Hat's version of it.

>>> Never mind. The Nov 16th package set is fine.
>

> Okay, not completely...
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would have though that it should have worked with the 2.6.9-1.3_FC2
>> kernel.
>

> Likewise. :-)
>
>> Maybe the module was not compiled for this kernel or installed
>> in the right place ?. If you used my SRPM you need to change the
>> kernel version values at the top of the file ...
>

> I did use your srpm, installed it and modified the spec file for the new
> kernel. Everything built and installed fine.
>
>> One thing though:
>>
>> The xorg-x11-libviaXvMC-2004.11.16-1.i386.rpm is broken. I have
>> reverted to the xorg-x11-libviaXvMC-2004.11.14-1.i386.rpm module.
>> The xorg-x11-libviaXvMC-2004.11.16-1.i386.rpm library has a fault
>> where if you try and watch a second video stream, the stream does
>> not appear or is jerky.
>

> Aha, good to know. That's exactly the behavior I reported in a
> follow-up. I'll revert to the 11/14 build.

I will try and check the kernel SRPM. If you got the kernel version and
release correct it should have been installed in:
/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.3_FC2/kernel/drivers/char/drm/via.o

Could you check your built RPM to check if this was the case ?

(rpm -ql kernel-via-drm)

Cheers

Terry
--
   Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
   Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd