[mythtv] [mythdvd] ISO Ripping

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Fri Nov 19 03:05:26 UTC 2004

On Thursday 18 November 2004 05:09 pm, jimbo-mythtv at edwardsclan.net wrote:

>             I am a new guy to Myth development, but I think my first patch
> is almost ready for more testing.  First I wanted to run by everyone what
> that thought about how this patch works.  I have made a patch that allows
> MTD to rip directly to an ISO file.  From MTD's perspective, I have it set
> so that if you specify a quality of -1, everything else is the same (0 -
> full quality, 1+ - converted).  Does this seem like a good way of doing
> this?

 You probably want to call it something like "Whole Disc" or "Mirror Disc" or
something like that, as -1 is a bit counterintuitive.

> From the UI perspective (this is the part that I have not
> completed), I just set the quality slider to -1, and it rips to ISO.
> However, since there is no Title selection

 The existing mtd job threads show how to get the (very limited) disc title
(it's used now to fill in a best guess for the track names).

>             As far as the actual coding goes, there is a direct dependency
> on libdvdcss, which was already indirectly required.

 You really want to wrap dvdcss calls with libdvdread, as it lets people
distribute all the code (except for an optional _run_ time dependency)
without fear of legal sillyness.

>             Assuming everything goes ok, I should have a patch posted by
> end-of-week.

 Cool!

- thor