[mythtv] BIG DVB PATCH V2.1

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 18 18:41:39 UTC 2004

> First of all, as it is my first posting, I'd like to thank anyone and
> everyone
> for their contributions to this project.

Thanks

> Now, onto my problem. I have a Nexus-s model 707 DVB-S card. I've been trying
> to get it to work with the v1.1, v2.0 and v2.1 of this patch with no result.
> I build this patch against a cvs version of Mythtv usually dated around the
> same time the patch has been released. I was running a SuSE 9.1 Pro with the
> default kernel (2.6.5-57 I think), then I upgraded to 2.6.7-111 and last
> night in a desperate move to get the latest dvb drivers, I upgraded to the
> cvs version of the kernel dated 11/16/2004. Yet, in each instance, in each of
> these configurations, I'm getting the same results.

<snip>

In both examples with scan and with the myth setup wizard you are getting the
same results which are becasue the CCTV uplink has an invalid NIT table.  If
you dump it you will see that it is clearly not what you tuned to.  It says the
Satellite is located at something that doesn't exist like -130W, and the
symbolrate, frequency etc are all wrong.. Its possible this is a valid NIT for
one of the CCTV Uplinks available in another hemisphere but not in North
America..

Everything else looks good.. If you go into videosource and manually set the
transponder for CCTV you should get good results.  I test with this transponder
a good deal.

Just add the transponder under videosources, and then do a existing transport
scan on the one you just added and all shall be fine..

Taylor