[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Nov 15 22:23:28 UTC 2004

>>     As long as the most used functions are under the users'
>> preferred remote finger, she will be happy :-)
>

> I'd have to disagree there.  That's a bad idea from a usability
> standpoint.  How much sense does it make to hit a "next track" button
> to fast forward 1.5x - < 5x and hit the "fast forward" button to go
> >5x?

	Well, not much.

	What I meant is that there are already too many FFWD/REW
functions in MythTV to map them clearly on a remote, so the
installer/coders have to decide what are the most easily
accessed keys on the remote, and map those to the most
useful functions.

	If we wanted to make sense, we would remap "next track"
to SEEKFFWD (i.e. jump forward 30 seconds or so), and the
cursor left/right to something else. And cursor up/down to
have the same function in Live TV as in watching recordings
(so that I could use my remote's ChannelUP and ChannelDown
  as their labeled function instead of being useless), et c.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Now the world has gone to bed,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  Darkness won't engulf my head,