[mythtv] [patch] added asserts to osdtypes and nvp

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Nov 15 19:08:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Isaac Richards wrote:
]On Sunday 14 November 2004 04:04 pm, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
]> I found OSDSet would try to allocate negative sized arrays if passed
]> a frame_interval of 0. I added an assert on the array size in
]> osdtypes.cpp, and added an assert on frame_interval sets in
]> NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp so that if these errors occur it is not deep
]> inside the C++ library.
]
]How can frame_interval be 0?

Bad data from ffmpeg?

It happened when ffmpeg had gotten a PMT claiming video, but had seen no
video packets. I didn't look into it too much because Kenneth Aafloy was
planning to look at how to properly deal with audio only "video streams".

-- Daniel