[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sun Nov 14 23:25:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 12:52:48PM -0800, David R Bosso wrote:
> Does anyone know what the arbitrary ff/rw speed was that the the old
> modifiers acted against?  Was it fixed or variable depending on HW?

The old speeds were pretty nondeterministic.  It all depended on how
the TV UI thread lined up with the decoder thread in the skip/sleep,
skip/sleep cycles.

> I think if we knew the old range, it would be easer to determine what's
> reasonable for the new modifiers.

The straight forward approach is to pick your desired reaction time,
0.5s, 0.75s, etc., and adjust by that amount times the previous speed.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net