[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

David R Bosso dbosso+lists.myth at lsit.ucsb.edu
Sun Nov 14 20:52:48 UTC 2004

--On Sunday, November 14, 2004 2:44 PM -0500 "J. Donavan Stanley"
<jdonavan at jdonavan.net> wrote:

> David Engel wrote:
>
>> In my last, pre-commit patch, I asked for suggestions for new
>> repositioning values.  Nobody responded.  If nobody does, I'll fill
>> them in with my own choices.  I've been sick the last few days so
>> haven't been able to do anything.
>>

> What's wrong with the existing ones?

Does anyone know what the arbitrary ff/rw speed was that the the old
modifiers acted against?  Was it fixed or variable depending on HW?

I think if we knew the old range, it would be easer to determine what's
reasonable for the new modifiers.

I'm all for the new scheme where 5x is actually 5x standard speed.  The old
modifiers were really confusing - 1x is exactly how much faster than normal?

-David