[mythtv] Need some help understanding jobqueue

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Fri Nov 12 18:19:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:10:25 -0500, Ryan Steffes
> I think I figured out what's happening but I'm unsure how to fix it.
> It's going back and picking the first job that matches the job type
> and starttime and then using that to update the status.  In this
> particular case it was because the original transcoding was still
> there.
>
> Would it be preferable then for me to get the old job ID if it exists
> and reuse that for the new job by resetting the status?

If you have already queued a transcode job, you should only modify the
cmd field.  You  should not completely overwrite the line, as a
currently running job will get very confused.  To stop, you send it a
stop cmd, for instance.  You should not change any other fields
besides the cmd field.  Directly manipulating the status is bad.  Only
the jobqueue should change the status field.  I am unclear as to why
you are trying to recreate an already queued (or running) job.  maybe
I'm missingsomething here?

Does that help?

.Geoff