[mythtv] Re: Patch: Latest Audio Patch

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Nov 12 15:11:21 UTC 2004

Huang Tingjie wrote:

> > I don't have the details as I am at work now and I can't remember the
> > error reported by mythmusic ( mythfronend quits saying mythmusic
> > plugin cannot find symbol VolumeControl, or is it VolumeBase?)
> As a follow up to my previous email. I re-checkout'ed fresh copies of
> mythtv and mythmusic modules. Both compiled without problems now. But
> mythfrontend quit immediately and give me the same error message when
> I tried to run mythmusic. The error given was:
> ----
> 2004-11-12 21:01:32.048 Registering MythMusic Media Handler as a media
> handler
> /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN13VolumeControlC1Eb
> ----
>
> When I run "nm /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so -D -g",
> that symbol is there but undefined. What does it mean?

Well, VolumeControl is defined in libmyth.so, but it should all be
correct.  I didn't deliberately remove it...

Not sure exactly.  I'm just working on rewriting the mythmusic audio
output anyway, but perhaps someone else could take a quick look at this
for a quick fixup.  I'm sure that it must be a change to the
libs/libmyth/libmyth.pro file in the main myth code.  Revert any changes
to "volumecontrol.cpp or .h" and see if this fixes it.

Ed W