[mythtv] CA & charset patch (for experimental DVB patch only!)

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Fri Nov 12 00:27:25 UTC 2004

New version again. :-P I noticed that the previous CAM code was a bit
too aggressive and tried to send the PMT to the CAM before the CAM was
fully initialized so I've modified the init code to wait for the CAM to
come online before returning. I also removed some debugging stuff and
made some other minor changes. This works very well for me now!

There are some problems with dvb_on_demand though. I guess the starting
of the parser threads should be moved from the dvbchannel constructor to
the open() method so they get restarted correctly (dvb_on_demand
dynamically opens and closes dvbchannel). I tried a quick fix but that
didn't work so unless one of you guys want to take a look at that I'll
have to look into it later.

It would also be really great if we could get dynamic PMT updates
working. Some services here change PIDs for certain events such as
regional news (which is why I need auto-pid BTW :) and if you happen to
tune a few seconds too early you get the "old" PMT and you won't get any
data when the PIDs change. For the CAM code this shouldn't be a problem
(just need to set up a signal) but I don't know how much work would be
needed for the DVBrecorder.