[mythtv] mythrecipe

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 15:10:40 UTC 2004

> > No.  it would be stored internally as 1.125 cups and parsed into a
> > human-readable size upon display (there are 16 tbsp in a cup).  My
> > example was more to show the kind of things you would need to parse (for
> > input) and display.
> Ok, I see what you are doing. How would you handle something like 1-2
> cups flour? I was describing how I would have set it up. I did set up
> a very basic recipe program that did things like above but it was more
> to just store and display the information than anything else.

With the easily added ToTaste field in the table, perhaps expressed as
a percentage of the base unit.  IE  1{qty} cup{unit}  plus up to  100%
{Totaste}.  If you wanted to go all out, you could either have a
reference to the step in the instructions that tells you how to
determine how much you need or a brief description on how to judge to
taste.  Here I'm thinking of "Good Eats", in particular the cookie
episode where he describes what varying amounts of sugar, fats, and
eggs do to consistency.  You could possibly tag it as:

qty=1 unit=cup totaste=100 totestdesc=Add flour until lightly coated