[mythtv] RE: End of recording when not at the end

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Nov 8 19:10:13 UTC 2004

> I've seen this on my myth machine.  Frontend and backend are on the
> same machine, so if there's a timeskew it's a problem in the
> application.  And yes, the actual machine date/time/tz is correct.

This looks like a different cause for a similar problem. In my case I
was seeing this issue when the frontend and backend were running on
different machines with a difference in clock (1 hour, due to a delayed
update to summer time.) When I tried to view a recording in progress the
frontend did not "know" that the recording was taking place, and
considered that I was trying to view a pre-recorded show.

The duration was not updated during playback in this scenario, and
playback would be erractic when I tried to FF past the duration
indicated (which was a snapshot of the duration at the time playback was
initiated).

Regards,
Mauricio