[mythtv] Patch: VolumeControl update

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Wed Nov 3 21:07:08 UTC 2004

On 3 Nov 2004, at 11:44 AM, Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> I based it mainly on the work Jeremiah did to bring everything
> together into one patch, but I changed the way he handled the base
> class.  I don't have strong feelings on that change though, so if he
> would like me to change it back to the way he had it, then it's just a
> copy and paste job.

I don't have strong feelings either, I see arguments for it both ways.

The nice thing about having it split is that VolumeBase implements
volume for any AudioOutput subclass, even if it doesn't use
AudioOutputBase.  This means that, once again, transcode.cpp isn't
quite right -- it doesn't need to override all of the public volume
methods, only the two pure virtual methods.

Aside from that, I haven't seen anything amiss, although I haven't
compiled and tested with this latest version yet.  The previous version
had everything correct for Core Audio, so I don't expect problems.

- Jeremiah