[mythtv] Re: MacOS X binary Rev1 released

Clayton Donley clayton.donley at octetstring.com
Mon Nov 1 14:56:17 UTC 2004

I had previously compiled from CVS with the patches off the mailing
list. This is so much more convenient. :-)

SDTV worked flawlessly and without any issues over both LAN and 802.11g.

I actually got it to play back 720p and 1080i HD recording/LiveTV, but
it was slowed down both gigabit ethernet and 802.11g at about the same
rate, so is likely a playback performance thing. That said, it's about
equivalent to what I've gotten playing HD with mplayer (VLC is much
better performance with HD content for some reason). So it was about
what I would expect.

  My system is an Al 15" 1.25Ghz G4 w/ 1GB RAM.

Clayton