[mythtv] [REGRESSION] Pixelview PV-BT878P+

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon May 31 18:35:49 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 02:46:25AM -0400, Jay Camp wrote:

> This is a regression for a bug that was fixed in versions .11 - .14 but
> has no shown its ugly head in .15
>
> With the Prolink Pixelview PV-BT878P+, the sound will not begin until
> the channel is changed.  This must be done each time live tv is
> watched.  In addition, no recordings will be recorded with sound.
>
> Please see this post by the person who fixed the bug originally.  Oddly
> enough, this bug also occurs in kernel 2.6 with version .14, incase that
> is of any interest too.
>
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-August/010952.html

That patch is not a fix for the bug, but a workaround, because the bug would
seem to be in the bttv driver, or even in the hardware/firmware.

It seems to have been commented out in revision 1.161, though I don't know
why, and the lack of any mention in the log message may imply that it was
unintentional.

--
 - mdz